Hertfordshire is a beautiful place for people to visit, with plenty of things to do. From museums to parks to libraries, it has something for everyone. If you’re kid-free or have a kid-free weekend then you may want to spend some adult only time in Hertfordshire and are looking for things to do.
Table of contents
- Things to do on a weekend, weekday or evening in Hertfordshire
- 1. Hire a private chef for your own home-cooked dinner party experience
- 2. Take a wander around one of many protected nature reserves in Hertfordshire
- 3. Enjoy an outdoor movie experience at one of the many outdoor cinemas in Hertfordshire
- 4. Visit one of the local wineries in Hertfordshire and sample some unique varieties from around the world
- 5. Take part in an interactive murder mystery game set in Victorian times in Hertfordshire
Things to do on a weekend, weekday or evening in Hertfordshire
As the county of Hertfordshire is home to many famous places of interest and landmarks, visitors will never be short of things to do. One can choose from visiting a country park or exploring the animated museum. There is also an option of simply sitting by the riverbank and watching ducks go by. Whatever your tastes there is something fun to do whether you’re on the Hertfordshire dating scene and hoping to impress a date, or spend time with your friends.
Visitors can also easily explore some famous buildings such as the most photographed building in all of England – The Shard – which provides spectacular views over London with a train trip from Hertfordshire to The Shard starting at just £11 on Rome2Rio at the time of writing. Or they could just go shopping at their leisure in Hertford town centre.
There are so many things to do in and around Hertfordshire which borders Greater London opening up even more sights and sounds for the explorer. Here are five more ideas for a fun date night in Hertfordshire with your loved one or an evening with your adult friends or colleagues.
1. Hire a private chef for your own home-cooked dinner party experience
If you are on the Hertfordshire dating scene then what better way to impress your date with your very own private chef? You can hire a private chef from websites such as Dine Indulge, Take a Chef or Poptop in Hertfordshire. It’s an amazing way to impress your date or adult guests in the comfort of your own home.
2. Take a wander around one of many protected nature reserves in Hertfordshire
The Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust manages over 50 nature reserves in the area which are perfect for exploring if you love nature and the great outdoors. From woodland to wetland, grassland to marshland, there are beautiful places filled with nature just waiting to be explored. You can find information about all of these nature reserves on their website, and they’re always happy to answer any questions people might have.
3. Enjoy an outdoor movie experience at one of the many outdoor cinemas in Hertfordshire
Outdoor cinemas are a unique experience to enjoy with your friends, family, and significant other. They offer an affordable night out and the opportunity to enjoy the summer weather.
There are many outdoor cinemas in Hertfordshire that you can visit. A few of them are:
- Sundown Cinemas at Hitchin Lavender or The Cricketers
- The Luna Cinema at St Albans Highfield Park
Screenings are on selected dates only and are likely to be ticketed events, so plan in advance. Here’s a list of lots of outdoor cinemas in Herts and Beds.
4. Visit one of the local wineries in Hertfordshire and sample some unique varieties from around the world
There are several vineyards planted in this county.
Visiting one of these wineries can be a wonderful day trip that showcases Hertfordshire’s rich history and grape growing tradition.
5. Take part in an interactive murder mystery game set in Victorian times in Hertfordshire
Set in Victorian Hertfordshire, there are a number of murders that need to be solved. The players have to search for clues and interrogate the suspects, all while staying alive themselves!
From virtual murder mysteries to in-person mysteries at theatres and special locations throughout Herts such as Needham House Hotel near Stevenage and Hunton Park Hotel in Kings Langley, there are lots of ideas for your adult only weekend.